Tuesday, October 9, 2012

30 Weeks Pregnant!

30 Weeks Pregnant!

This feels like a big week for me - I'm 3/4 of the way through the pregnancy, with only 10 weeks (maybe less) to go. When I think about how I was 19 weeks when we went to visit family in Waynesville, and how I was 25 weeks when we had our little preterm labor scare, it feels like this will just fly by!

When I was 30 weeks with Adrian, I tore my rib muscle. I'm very grateful that this pregnancy has been much easier so far than Adrian's was - what a blessing!

I've started experiencing morning sickness this week for the first time between both boys. I've felt nauseous both times but never actually got sick and this week I've been sick several times. It's almost funny to me! Thankfully, I don't feel bad before or afterwards.

Adrian has been really sweet towards me and Owen specifically this week. Yesterday when I got sick, I was sitting in the middle of the kitchen with Nick helping me and he told Adrian, "be sweet to Mama" and Adrian came over and rubbed my back and shoulders until I got up. Sweetest boy ever. He also came over to me this morning and lifted my shirt to kiss my belly - oh my, that made me cry! No prompting for that whatsoever. I don't know how much he understands about what's going on, but he sure is being a precious sweetheart about it!

I am almost done with Owen's nursery. I have to organize the last few things, but his bed is made and his curtains are up and the sweet itty bitty things have filled his drawers. Even though he won't be sleeping in his crib for a little while, it feels good to have most of it done. Now I mostly have to focus on the continued cleaning and organization.

I feel like I'm learning a little more about Owen's personality. He's been a bit hard to figure out since he doesn't respond to something as obvious as music like Adrian did (he does react to it, he just doesn't have a dance party in there like Adrian). The other day I was laying on my side and Owen had his foot low in my pelvis and started rhythmically rubbing it back and forth, back and forth for about half an hour. He's already on a pretty predictable awake/sleep schedule and seems content to snuggle in his favorite places (mostly my right side). I think he'll be our little cuddler with a very sweet tender heart. Of course, I can't really say for sure, but that's my guess.

Lastly, we might be making some changes to our birth plan. I don't really want to write about it yet until we know how things will work out, but I'm very excited about it! It's amazing to me how the Lord orchestrates the little things. Thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...