Thursday, November 8, 2012

34 Weeks Pregnant!

34 Weeks Pregnant! ALMOST THERE!
I remember the last 6 weeks (turned out to be 8 in the end) went the very longest when I was pregnant with Adrian.

What's going on: Owen is head down and sideways so I feel his cute little elbows and knees all day long. He seems to have gotten MORE active the bigger he's gotten so it's getting a little painful, but I feel like I've bonded with him in a deeper way since I can feel him so strongly. Adrian is LOVING the gigantic belly and often gives "Owie" kisses and hugs and loves to rub lotion on it. It's officially nearly impossible to hold him in my lap unless he's calm and snuggly - no more room!

I had an appointment with the midwife today that was very encouraging. I've done even more research on childbirth this pregnancy (I thought I had exhausted all the info there was when I was pregnant with Adrian) and had recently become concerned that I would be unable to labor/deliver in whatever position I pleased since it was "hospital policy" that I had to push and deliver while laying flat on my back, legs high in the stirrups. Today I mentioned my birth plan to the midwife and she asked what issues are most important to me, and she told me that not only would it be fine for me to labor in whatever position I wanted, but she'd encourage it. I am SO thankful. She also said she would be happy to delay cord clamping and thanked me for doing my research :) She also didn't blink an eye when I told her I didn't want him to receive the Hepatitis B Vaccine - Thank you Lord! I'm grateful that even though we are unable to have the home birth I desired, it looks like we will be able to have a calm, healthy labor and delivery that's pretty close to as natural as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...