Friday, July 8, 2011

Taking the plunge - Cloth Diapers

In my never-ending quest to save money, Nick and I have decided to switch to cloth diapers.  I'm a little scared! But, if I can figure out how to do it, I think I'll love it.  Nick is totally on board.

I'm (honestly) not a huge "green" person, but I'm a very very thrifty person.  I like to search for the best quality for the least price.  It's a fun game for me! As I started researching cloth diapering, I realized many moms do it more for the environmental or "cute" factor than the money - because apparently it's really easy to get addicted to all the sweet styles.  It's really overwhelming when you start researching all the options cloth diapering has to offer.

I've decided to start out with the "prefold" option...which is the cheapest option and the easiest to care for.  It's the old fashioned way.  If this method works, we could save anywhere from $1500-$3000 from now to potty-training, plus, we can re-use the same diapers for our next baby.  Mmm I like that!

I will post pictures and tips I learn as I go.  If you have any tips or thoughts to share, they are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...