Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Abortion

Last night was the fundraising banquet for the pregnancy resource center I volunteer at.  I wasn't sure we'd be able to go because of Adrian, but thankfully we were as Nick was asked to help with the sound.  Our speaker was Abby Johnson - a former advocate and employee of planned parenthood.  I bought her book, "Unplanned" and will give a book review when I complete it (although I'm sure it will be great).

Abby's story of how she made the dramatic transformation from pro-choice to pro-life is based on the time she was asked to assist in an ultrasound-guided abortion of a 13 week unborn child.  As a side note, an abortion done at 13 weeks is not considered late term - it is still early, and in fact, it is around this gestational age that most abortions are performed.  Another side note, this is the age that Nick and I first saw Adrian on the ultrasound screen, flipping and spinning around in my womb (the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen at that point). 

This is not Adrian, but it is a 3D image of a 13-week old unborn child.

Today, I googled "ultrasound-guided abortion", and while most of what I found was liberal bashing of Abby's testimony in multiple blogs, I also found this video of a doctor describing what actually happens during an abortion, as well as a video of an actual ultrasound-guided abortion.
NOTE:  THIS IS VERY GRAPHIC AND HEARTBREAKING!
(the abortion begins at about 12 minutes in)
The reason I am posting this is because if we are to be pro-life, we need to understand what we are fighting against.  I believe that most women who choose to "terminate a pregnancy" do not fully understand the choice they are making.  Also, being pro-life myself, it is only recently that I've come to understand how invasive a procedure abortion actually is.

Anyways, I hope this makes you think as much as it did me.  We are fighting a battle that is not just flesh and blood - but so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Abi - I am 35 years old and have NEVER seen anything like that! I had no idea that is what happened during an abortion. It broke my heart and made me angry at the same time. Thank you for posting this and for helping people understand this awful procedure. I just wish women/girls were more educated about this.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...