Friday, April 1, 2011

Here we are at two weeks!

I can't believe my baby is two weeks old already! So much has happened this month...I'm very ready for things to slow down.  Adrian and I spent the week in Winston-Salem during his last week of training.  It was nice to finally spend time together as our own little family.

Adrian has done pretty good with sleeping during the night, but of course we're still both pretty tired.  Nick has been an awesome help by getting up to rock Adrian to sleep after he nurses or help soothe him when he cries.  He is an excellent Daddy.

My biggest challenge so far has been nursing.  I took a class while pregnant, read books and articles, watched videos, and got advice from so many people, but nothing could prepare me for the real thing! After two weeks of excruciating feedings, I finally got some help today from a friend who is a lactation consultant and am looking forward to healing and pain-free nursing.  The good news is that Adrian is gaining weight and quickly emptying our newborn size diaper stash.  Yay for a healthy baby!

Adrian is soooo sweet. We are just loving him!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...