Tuesday, April 12, 2011

*Click!*


Even though he won't be a month old until Friday, I wanted to record my favorite "click" moments of the past month.  These are the moments when I don't have a camera, but I wish I did...there goes the *click* of the camera in my mind.  I want to keep these precious memories.

When he was born and the midwife laid him on my stomach and I thought, "oh my goodness, he looks just like Nick". Click.
Watching Nick cry, overwhelmed with love for his son when we were alone in our room for the first time that night. Click.
Driving home, Adrian and I in the back seat, thinking that this is how it was going to be...the three of us...for the rest of my forever. Click.
Watching my little siblings run up the street to stop our car when Mom and I arrived in GA the week after Adrian was born. Click.
The first time I saw him smile. Click.
The first time I saw him laugh in his sleep. Click.
Realizing that this time, he wasn't hungry or didn't need to be changed...he just wanted me to hold him because I'm his mama.  Click.

And today...as I stared at him as he slept, he opened his eyes, looked at me, grinned with his whole face, and drifted back to sleep. Priceless.

Oh, these are the happiest days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...