Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our Weekend

I'm so at peace as I'm typing this, with my laptop in my lap, wrapped in a blanket - yes it's nice and breezy here in Jacksonville this morning! I'm SO looking forward to fall...I seriously have a near obsession with it I think. Fall, to me, means rest and romance and relief from the unbearable heat of summer. I'm definitely one of those types of people that doesn't like to be too hot or too cold.  I'm looking forward to taking Adrian to a pumpkin patch and to going on walks in the crisp weather.

This past Sunday marks our first day "church hunting" in Jacksonville. Surprisingly, there's not a whole lot of churches that really match what we're looking for.  We naively went to a free will baptist church in the morning...we didn't realize until we got there how different their beliefs were (the pillar of their denomination is that they believe that Christians can lose their salvation). We had to meet up with our TarLandingers for lunch to cheer us up :) It worked!
That night, we went to KBC and really enjoyed it. Everyone was very down to earth and seemed truly in love with Jesus. We're looking forward to attending a Sunday morning service sometime.  Next week we will visit either ECC or FB, and we're looking forward to that. We are praying for God's direction to lead us to the perfect church home for us.

On Monday I started researching tongue ties in babies because I was pretty sure Adrian was tongue tied. I was tongue tied when I was little, so I assumed it was genetic and probably one of the main causes of my nursing difficulties.  I made an appointment with the pediatrician and took him in this morning.

I've been kind of surprised that, while I haven't yet had any really negative experiences with the pediatrician, they generally seem to treat the mothers as if they don't know anything.  Nonetheless, Adrian is healthy and "off the charts" for a 4 month old at 19lbs, 14oz and 28 inches long - I knew he was big but it's nice to have a number! For 5 months, he is in at least the 95%.  The doctor suggested we start solids since he's so big (I was planning on waiting another month or two), so I'll give Adrian some rice cereal today and for the next few days and then we'll go to banana.  Nick and I are both excited about this milestone! I'm so happy to get to feed him healthy foods.

I'm one proud mama! I can't help being a little sad that Adrian is growing so fast, but I'm loving all these new changes! Mothering is soooo fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...