Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm Happy-Sad


Well, today ends a very special period in my life as a mama.  I've decided to stop nursing.  Ever since day one of my little baby's time here with me, feeding him has NOT gone has planned.  But that's okay, because I've had a lot of help and have (until now) been able to get around the little ups and downs of the situation.  I'm so blessed to have such awesome encouragement!

After two weeks of horrible nursing (which I learned from), I decided to exclusively pump...which went quite beautifully for quite a while as I had a very healthy supply where I was able to stay ahead of Adrian's needs.  Despite my disappointment over being unable to feed him as planned, I embraced the bottle, and thankfully, so did he.  Then, we decided to move, and the stress made my supply drop, so I supplemented for a day.  Then, more stress, and my supply dropped dramatically.  So now, I've been supplementing for three weeks and am barely getting two ounces when I pump (which is about every hour and a half now).  I've been very sad that I haven't been able to meet the needs of his belly as I should.

So, I'm moving on.  After Nick's constant, "so why are we still doing this" questions, and advice from my mom, I'm switching completely to formula.  It's a happy sad moment for me...happy, because I will be able to find relief from this little struggle in my life, and sad, because I really really really wanted to nurse. 

Hopefully, baby #2 will be a pro at nursing and the feeding struggle with Adrian will be in the past, but for now, this will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...