Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Mommy Haircut

I have always been pretty experimental with my hairstyle.  I've had it very short, very long, black, brown, red, blond, multi-colored, etc.  I'm lucky to have hair that grows pretty fast, and blessed to have the same person cut my hair my entire life....until recently.  Almost two years ago, I saw the movie "My Sister's Keeper" about a girl with cancer, and I felt convicted to donate my hair.  Once I felt convicted, I couldn't go back on it, so I chopped off my hair.  Literally. The girl at the salon just pulled it back in a ponytail and chopped it off and sent me out the door.  Needless to say, it was a major blow to my self esteem because I felt awful! I was glad I donated it, but hated the haircut.
Now, I have been planning on perming my hair so that it would be easy to do...just put gel in it and I'm done.  But now I'm realizing that I won't ever have a celebrity stylist and will still be busy with sweet Adrian, and I know my hair will end up in a messy ponytail, despite my attempt at effortless curls.  SO.  I'm going back to doing my hair in a style that has worked with me before.  Slightly below my shoulders with angles and layers....like this:
Now when I show this picture to Nick, he does what he usually does in these situations.  If I ever show him a picture of a pretty girl to show off a dress, shirt, hairstyle, etc. that I like, he usually goes over the top putting her down.  It's very cute.  For example, when I showed him the above picture, he said, "wow I like it, you will look great blond! But ugh she is sooo ugly!".  Now, obviously, Jessica Simpson is anything but ugly (same for Angelina Jolie or any other girl who's hairstyle I've admired)...but it's cute of him to try to make me feel better.  And I am not going blond.  He just thought I was showing him the entire hairstyle, not just the cut.  Anyways, I love my hubby.
So, I'm hoping my mommy haircut will give me the emotional and physical "boost" I want and still be easy.  It's important to still feel cute! I feel the need to make the effort now into how I take care of myself so I don't get into a rut as he gets older. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...