Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Non picture Joy Dare

Today I'm taking a break from the joy dare, mostly because it's 10:30 and I didn't take any appropriate pictures since I've been filling my day with snacky-snacks, diapies and lots and lots of kisses.

Today was our last day in Pittsburgh before we endure our very long drive back to North Carolina tomorrow. Despite my lack of pictures that fall into the category assigned, I have lots of joys to count today.

First was taking Adrian to the heated indoor pool at our hotel this morning, and shrieking with him while he flailed his arms in the water. His frantic-ness makes me want to be frantic in fun too.  I love those eyelashes, slick black and wet, and the slippery open-mouth kisses he planted on my mouth. He sure does love the water.

Second was how much Adrian loves his 2 1/2 year old cousin Samantha. He couldn't stop looking at her...smiling at her with that cheeky smile of his. And she was scared of him for sure.  Actually he almost ripped her face off trying to give her a kiss. She was wounded (but got over it) and I was amazed by his passion. They played very well together with the plastic kitchen and fake utensils and fake food and he gave her lots of kisses which she accepted very reluctantly.  It will be fun to watch them grow up together.

Thirdly was having girl time with my sisters. We left the guys at home with the baby boys and hit up Ross and Marshalls. I astoundingly found a lot of things for $1.50 each and my need to have clothes at ridiculously low prices was quenched. The best part was Samantha chanting "GheeGhees (Adrian) peed" up and down the isle..."GheeGhees peed...GheeGhees peed" in her sweet little toothy sing-song voice of hers. It's amazing the little things kids latch onto.

Anyways, those were the highlights of my day. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Your son sounds adorable!! This made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...