Saturday, November 12, 2011

24 Days of THankfulness - Day 12

Day 12

Housewife confessions: I don't love washing dishes, or cleaning the bathroom, or doing laundry. Very rarely do I get in the mood to "just clean", even though I always feel proud of myself after I've spent time doing it. If you know my mother, you should know I did not inherit a single organzied or clean gene from her. Nope, not one.

I find myself complaining to myself about how much easier life would be with a dishwasher or a garbage disposal, and then I make myself thank the Lord for it.  So today I'm thankful for my house. My house has a wonderful front porch where I can swing with Adrian and snuggle with him in the hammock. I love that porch. My house has walls which we got to paint ourselves, and I love my sage living room and my happy green kitchen and my beachy blue bathroom.  I love my curtains that I found for a good price. I love how I have more space. I love how God has given us a better place to feel homey in.

...And I love how when God calls us to or provides for us to move somewhere else, I will sure have earned that garbage disposal and dishwasher.

Shame on me for not thanking Him for the little things.


”You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever.”
Psalm 30:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...