Sunday, November 13, 2011

24 Days of Thankfulness - Day 13

Day 13

I feel like I became a mom on July 5th 2010. That's the day I found out we were expecting Adrian. Of course, my real "motherly" duties didn't start until his birthday on March 18th, but being a mom starts long before the actual labor and delivery.


Today I'm thankful I can be a stay at home mom. I've been a little surprised at some of the negativity I've seen surrounding our decision for me to stay at home with the baby, but I've also been so encouraged by those who support our decision to guard the importance of having a mother in the home. Technically, financially, it would be better if I could work, but it's just not possible in our situation and so I'm thankful that everything has worked out to where I'm at home all day.

I'm thankful that I haven't missed any milestones, I'm thankful that I can relax and play with Adrian...dancing and singing and swinging and consoling all day. I still don't feel like I'm "good" at it, and of course that will take time, but I'm learning that a day is not wasted if I spent most of it snuggling my teething son and the laundry didn't get completely put away.

Still, being a stay at home mom is a really hard job! And I only have one child to take care of right now! I'm thankful for the women in my life who have gone before me and excelled, such as my mom and others. I have wonderful examples of grace and servant hood in my life.

I am blessed.
On another note, I practiced my mommy skills on Nick this morning for breakfast and made these:


Thanks, Pinterest, for the idea!
Tip: Spray the inside of the cookie cutters with pam before pouring the batter in for easier removal of the pancakes.


"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."
Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...