Saturday, November 5, 2011

24 Days of Thankfulness - Day 5

Day 5

Today I'm thankful for my marriage. I know, I know, I already mentioned Nick (and I'm still thankful for him) but I'm thankful for the marriage I have with him.
I've said before that I never had very high hopes about marriage. God really outdid himself with mine. Of course, it isn't always perfect (and if you say that yours is and that you never fight, I'm making very skeptical eyes at you right now), but I still go to sleep at night really happy.
One of the sweet romantic things Nick does for me: he leaves post-its around the house for me to find. Nothing makes me feel more loved and special :)
So handsome. I love him.

Nick and I were talking the other night about that couple that was in the news recently who died one hour apart, holding hands. We went to sleep wrapped in each others arms, laughing hysterically about how obnoxious we'll probably be when we're old, making fun of each other's dentures and bodily functions :) I have a lot of things to look forward to, and I can only hope to have a happy marriage of a long amount of time. How wonderful would that be?

*sigh* Only 5 days into this thankfulness thing and I already feel like the richest woman ever. Funny how that works, huh?


"You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalm 118:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...