Friday, November 18, 2011

24 Days of Thankfulness - Day 18

Day 18

Today I'm thankful that my baby boy is 8 months old!
Can you even believe it?

This past month has been a busy one for little Adrian, as we've welcomed his first tooth (with lots of celebration), praised his going from laying down to sitting up, and of course crawling. My days have gotten busier as I can no longer lay a blanket down and watch Adrian play with a few toys for a long time - he is everywhere and into everything. It didn't take him long to master being mobile! I have become busier during his nap times, trying to catch up with the cleaning and laundry even more so now that I am less able to do it when he's awake. This week he started cruising along the furniture - we are all imagining that he'll be walking by Christmas.
With this milestone comes a new level of sweetness. Now Adrian crawls to us when we open our arms and we call his name, willingly gives sloppy kisses when we ask for them (we always cheer and clap and yell, "thaaaaaaank you for the kisses") and he loves to scream after it with us, as if he's done the greatest thing ever. He says "mama" and "dada" even more clearly - calling for me (mamamamamamamamaaaaa) when he's sad, and talking about his daddy when Nick's at work. It's just precious.  As he's getting bigger, I'm finding myself wanting to hold and snuggle him even more and he is more than willing to comply. 
Daily, Nick and I just shake our heads and wonder how God gave us the sweetest, craziest, funniest, most loving little boy in the world. We are sooo blessed - and we LOVE being parents. I love being a parent WITH Nick...it's better than I imagined to be a part of that sort of team.







I'm just shaking my head, hardly believing that it's been 8 months already since the midwife placed him in my arms on March 18th. I really just wish time would slow down a bit, because I'm loving this way too much.

Dear Adrian, You have made me realize that my heart can hold much, much more love than I thought. You are precious to us. I love laughing with you, snuggling with you, tickling you and playing with you. You have made me a mother, and that is one of the main reasons I thank God daily for His faithfulness and goodness - He gave us YOU and our life is rich! Happy 8 months, baby bear, we can't wait for the rest of every single day with you :) We love love love love you.
If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans, from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! And your kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...